Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jesus Christ, Juror

On 30 November 2009, Jesus Christ was struck from the jury pool in a criminal case in Jefferson County, Alabama. It was her real legal name. She used to be Dorothy Lola Killingworth. No explanation was given for the name change.

Jesus was struck from the jury for being disruptive; asking incessant questions instead of listening to instructions. Several other members of the jury pool were seen to be continually laughing.

Obviously, Dorothy ... excuse me ... Jesus, may be a little on the eccentric side, but the real Jesus was certainly, and intentionally, disruptive. He provoked distrust and hostility everywhere he went. He presented a problem for the political and religious maintainers of the status quo. The world system did not like him at all.
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.
 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:34-38.

No comments:

Post a Comment