Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Listen to the Holy Spirit

When I decided to start this blog I wondered if I would be able to keep up the pace of posting daily. That has proven to be no problem as it seems that now I have the opposite problem; how to restrict my posting to just one post a day. I am making no claim to be an "inspired" writer but I firmly believe that God can make use of us through whatever our talents are. Mine happens to be writing and I know, I do not think, I know, that God has used this simple blog to speak to other people. Some of them have told me so.

My hope for this blog is that my readership will increase; every writer wants to be read. I also pray that the posts in this blog will remain within Christian orthodoxy, that anything I say will be biblically sound. Another hope is that God will continue to use this blog to speak directly to specific people who need to hear a message specifically for them.

This may sound "spooky" to you, the idea that God can speak specific messages to others through us, but, of course He can, and often, we won't even know it has happened; the other person will know. What we need to do is to be open to the leading of the Spirit and to not ignore Him when he prods us to take some action or to say something. We don't personally have to be aware of what we have done, God can still use it.

"In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:" Ephesians 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment