Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Philip Gully Quotes

"Someday, I hope to find the perfect church.  I suspect when I do, they won't let me join."

"I do enjoy dismantling settled beliefs, not for the sake of wanton destruction, but for the sake of building something more helpful and beautiful in their place."
"... I can't respond to every hand written letter, especially those containing multiple Bible verses pointing out my theological inadequacies."

These quotations are from Philip Gulley, author of If the Church Were Christian.  Rediscovering the Values of Jesus (2010).  Starting soon, I will begin a chapter by chapter response to Gulley's important book.  I said important, not correct.  This book is a clear statement of one of the "other gospels " masquerading as Christianity. 



"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:6-8
Each article will be posted as I finish writing the response to each chapter and, so, the posts will not be concurrent.

No comments:

Post a Comment