Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book Comment: Will I See My Dog in Heaven?

Father Jack Wintz is a Franciscan and, so, he is in the tradition of the respect for animals expressed by St. Francis of Assisi.  Wintz's book, Will I See My Dog in Heaven? God's Saving Love for the Whole family of Creation examines the question.

I am not convinced of the effectiveness or necessity of rituals such as the "Blessing of the Animals" as is practiced in some religious traditions, but these rituals are certainly not harmful or unbiblical.  It seems to me to be more for the humans than for the animals, since the animals are incapable of understanding what is being done for them.  They do understand the kindness and love with which they are treated.

One question which Father Wintz asks is "...does God's plan of salvation include only humans, or does it include animals too?  In even broader terms, does God intend the whole created world to be saved?"

Yes.

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven." Colossians 1:20
 

No comments:

Post a Comment