Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Someone is Always Watching


“I grew up in Birmingham, Ala., a religious town. In my junior year of high school, something I had never expected started happening to my non-Jewish friends. They fell in love with their Christianity. They started reading the Bible. They would talk theology in the cafeteria. It was inspiring, and in a Jewish way, I began doing the same. I dusted off the Bible I had received as a bar mitzvah gift, and like my non-Jewish friends, read it cover to cover. The more engaged I became with my Judaism, the more I fell in love with it. By the time I was 17, I had set my sights on the rabbinate. In a way, my Southern Baptist friends turned me into a rabbi.” Rabbi Aaron Miller, assistant rabbi at Washington Hebrew Congregation, Washington, D.C. (USA)

Read the entire article here: 

“Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.Colossians 4:5

Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.” 2 Corinthians 3:2-3

Someone is always watching you even if you do not know it.  You are God's letter to them.  What will they read in that letter?

No comments:

Post a Comment