Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The True Purpose of the Church

"The very purpose of the church is to be a vision of who God is and what God is not. ... we are to make the one God visible first to ourselves and then to the rest of the world."  D. Brent Laythem 


"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." John 20:21



Why did God, who is all-sufficient and all-powerful, send Jesus into the world?  He did not need to, He has no "needs,"  He does not even need us.  He sent Jesus into the world as the revelation of Himself.  He sent Jesus into the world to reveal His glory.  We exist individually and corporately (the Church, the ekklesia) for one reason only; to declare the glory of the Lord.  In tomorrow's post, I will talk more about what this means.


"For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy." Leviticus 11:45





No comments:

Post a Comment