Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winter Jam

Skillet is headlining the Winter Jam tour of Christian bands.  The Skillet album, Comatose, reached Gold record status in 2009.

In an interview with Mary Colurso, music critic for the Birmingham News newspaper, Skillet founder and lead singer John Cooper says, "I'm passionate about Christian music; I grew up listening to it.  You don't want to be one of those bands who have success and give up on the Christian world.  I love Christian music.  ... I began my career writing what I would call overtly Christian music - songs that I would say only Christians can relate to.  Then I started thinking: There might be a better way to say what I'm going to say, less blatant, more issue-driven.  Every song doesn't have to be based on a Bible verse.  They're more about my world view.  If you play music that people relate to, it gives them hope.  it makes them more open to what you're trying to say.  Some people will hear your music and say, "I'm not into the Christian thing, but they rock, and I respect that."

(Some videos will not play properly when you click on the triangle.  Instead,  click on the title line in the picture and the video will begin .  When the video is completed, close the You Tube pop-up window to return to this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment