Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Possible Interpretation of the Parable of the Unjust Steward


Jesus strikes me as having been pleasant and calming rather than strident and militant.  He was willing and able to express anger, but probably more often than not made his disciples smile or laugh.

I recently posted about the hard to understand Parable of the Unjust Steward.  What I said in the first paragraph may hold a key to understanding the parable.  Jesus seems to be praising the Unjust Steward.  I think He was.  He was using the Aramaic/Hebrew form of humor expressed as sarcasm or irony.  I believe that the parable probably struck His disciples as humorous in a wry sort of way.

If you are going to serve money, do it as well as you can.  If you are going to serve God, do it as well as you can.  You cannot serve two masters.  If you try, you will serve neither well.  God despises lukewarmness.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.  Revelation 3:16  

No comments:

Post a Comment