Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 22, 2010

Advertisements

Several days ago I received an e-mail from a young woman who said she had checked out my blog and had clicked on all my advertisements. What she was wanting was for me to go to her blog and click on her ads. She is one of the bloggers desperately wanting to make money from their blogs. These people would click on ads for Osama bin Laden Cola.

The way the ad clicks work is that any blog which carries ads receives something like one-tenth of one cent per click while Google Adsense also receives revenue from the click and from selling the ad. There are hundreds of thousands of individual blogs so a few clicks on a few thousand blogs adds up to revenue for Google.

I consider my blog to be a ministry to other Christians and interested non-believers and hope to eventually grow my readership up to a much larger level than it currently has received. I harbor no delusions of making any money from it. I allow the ads to be displayed because I can't afford to fund a website on my own. If I can help Google/Blogger to give it to me for free, I'm fine with the ads.

So far the advertisements have followed the promised guidelines. Ad products are chosen based on key words which the Google computers detect in the text of the posts. This has, for the most part, worked well as long as I am careful. Once I made a post about chastity and the next day an advertisement for chastity belts came up! The modern use for chastity belts is primarily in the Goth subculture and in "alternative se_uality." (The _ is so I don't trigger an unwanted ad with this post!)

If you do find one of the advertisements interesting, feel free to click on it. As far as I know they are all legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment