Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Longest Name in the Bible

The longest name in the Bible is Mahershalalhashbaz. This was the name God told Isaiah to give to his second son. The Hebrew words mean "the spoil speeds" or "the prey hastens."

"Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz. And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah. And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz. For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria." Isaiah 8:1-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment