Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Campus Crusade for Christ Drops the "Christ" From Its Name

Another organization has done it!  This time, Campus Crusade for Christ !  In early 2012, the organization will become Cru.  Excuse me, but what is a Cru?



“We felt like our name was getting in the way of accomplishing our mission ... proclaiming Christ around the world. ... We were not trying to eliminate the word Christ from our name. We were looking for a name that would most effectively serve our mission and help us take the gospel to the world. Our mission has not changed. Cru enables us to have discussions about Christ with people who might initially be turned off by a more overtly Christian name. We believe that our interaction and our communication with the world will be what ultimately honors and glorifies Christ.”   Steve Sellers, the vice president for Campus Crusade

These people need to be very careful!  In their search for "relevancy," they are stepping very close to the edge.   We need to be more openly proclaiming Christ, not retreating into a stealth campaign. 

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:33
  
"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."  Matthew 7-20-23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment