Search This Blog

Translate This Page

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

Its Never Too Late

"I lived all my life not knowing God ... so at age 58, after losing my ability to work, my health, home, and all else, I didn't think God had much use for me ... until I met His Son through Brother Bryan Mission."



The statue above sits in Five Points South in Birmingham, Alabama in a mixed area of restaurants, nightclubs, music halls, tattoo parlors, synagogues, and churches.  The man commemorated by the statue is Rev. James Alexander Bryan (d. 1941).  Brother Bryan, as he was known, was an ordained minister who spent many years working among the poor and homeless of the Birmingham area.  He was known for giving away his coat and/or his shoes on even the coldest days.  Like his saviour, he "went around doing good." (Acts 10:38)  He often quoted Matthew 25:35-40.

As he lay dying, his one request was for the establishment of a place for homeless men.  The Brother Bryan Mission was the result.  Read more about Brother Bryan here .

No comments:

Post a Comment